Saturday, November 6, 2010

Apron Card with Recipe


A friend recently asked me for a recipe.  I thought it would be nice to make a card for her with a pocket inside to hold the recipe card....  this is what I came up with.  I cut the apron template out of red & white designer card stock, added the ribbons & buttons and the pocket to the front, then layered onto red card stock. (now I look at it, I should have embossed the card stock...too late now!)  I then layered it onto the designer paper again, then onto the card.  I added a pocket and put a tag inside.  The tag says "Bon Appetit"

Here is the inside with the recipe card for apple pie...


 I love this apple pie, which is actually a cross between a pie and a crumble.  Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a try.

Caramel Crunch Apple Pie

Preheat oven to 400 degs.

Line a pie dish with pastry and crimp the edges
Peel & slice up 6 - 8 Granny Smith apples. 
Place in a bowl with 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbs. flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp.salt.  Put into crust.
In a bowl mix together - 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup oatmeal.  Add to top of pie and spread out evenly.  Bake at 400 for 50 mins.
When done, remove from oven and drizzle 1/4 cup caramel sauce over the top and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
Serve warm with ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt.

Bon Appetit!

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a wonderful day!

Challenge:

Update: (Mon. Nov 8/10)  
This morning I looked online for this recipe and found out that it won Good Morning America's Apple Pie Contest in 2001.
It doesn't surprise me that it won, it is soooo good!

5 comments :

deb said...

mmmmmmm! Sounds yummy. I will give it a try. Thanx Babs!!

Audrey said...

WOw! What a gorgeous card. I love the DP. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Audrey said...

What a fun card. I love the DP. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

papertrails leaver said...

what an adorable card! Love the apron shape and then the recipe tag! Sweet! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments. :-) Amy

deesdesigns said...

The apron is fantastic! I'm so glad I ran across you recipe, I'm going to try it for dinner tonight - thanks so much for sharing it. I'm so glad you were able to join us for our Food and Drink challenge at Aud Sentiments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...