Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thank You Card


I found this Sugar Nellie "Flora" digi stamp at Funky Kits  they are located in Scotland.  I thought their stamps were so beautiful and just had to get busy and make a card. This is what I came up with.  I coloured the girl with Copics, and popped her up on the chair, which I paper pieced.  I've never done that before....it's not perfect, but thought it turned out pretty good for a newbie.  I printed an extra image and cut out the teddy bear to pop up on dimensionals.  I added the pink cushion behind her and also the hat.  I goofed on one piece of the chair so had to find a way to cover it up... hence, the hat!  I wanted it to look like a room, so I used the striped paper to look like wallpaper and the brown card stock I embossed to look like a textured carpet.

Here's a closer look...

My picture is a little blurry, sorry about that.

Challenges:
 Rainbow Ladies Challenge
Southern Girls

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my blog.
Take care & come back soon.




5 comments :

Rainbow Lady said...

Love this card. I live in Scotland but not heard of Funky Kits ..... Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

deb said...

Super sweet! Great handy work...no one would know that there was a mistake! And awesome copics work! Thanks
Debi

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
The cards are sweet and beautiful,,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love this one too Babs! The paper piecing is great! I love the room! You have such great ideas! The teddy bear and pillows are nice touches too! The chair legs look like wood!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous card! Al of your cards are beautiful. I am so jealous of your talent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...