Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Accordion Box Album

Today I finished this album.  
The pattern and instructions are available from *Paper Hoarder Disorder* on etsy.

Front of box

side view
It is held closed with magnets

top of box with handmade roses

Now you can see why it's called an accordion box.

 The back

There are 12 pockets and each one holds a mat for photo's and journalling. Each mat has a clip that can hold the photos..... no need to glue them in.  The backs are left plain with co-ordinating paper. Some have pockets, belly bands & tags.  It would be great for recipes too, with a tag on each pocket, i.e. *cakes*, *cookies*, *main meals*, etc. etc.  Each pocket would hold several recipe cards.

Here are some of the photo mats

The leaf and tag are die cuts

The bottle and tag are stamps which I then cut out.

 Belly band using a Martha Stewart punch.  Journalling tag is a stamp cut out with a die

I wavy cut the green then edged with distress ink.  The trees are die cut.  The sky is done with a cloud template I made, then sponged with blue distress ink.

The doily is a die, backed with white card stock.  The tag is a stamp.

This mat has a belly band, tag and bunting which is stamped & cut out.

corner pocket

On this one I used the negative from the leaf die, backed it onto black and then designer card stock.  I glued just the bottom part so that I could place the tag behind it.


Hope you have enjoyed looking at my album, I certainly enjoyed making it.
Have a great day!

Bye for now,


2 comments :

deb said...

So gorgeous mum!!!
Debi
xoxo

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Gorgeous, Babs!!! This must have been a lot of work! Really really beautiful project! I´m afraid, I don´t have the patience for such a huge project like this... Hugs, Uli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...