Saturday, January 28, 2012

Welcome to my *OLD* New Craft Room!

Hi everyone!
It's been a lot of work, several trips to Ikea, as well as other places, but it's finally done and I'm chuffed to bits with it.
So, without further ado.......
Welcome to my new craft room!

The view from the door.  
We painted the walls in a grey/blue colour.  Blue & white has always been a favourite of mine.... so fresh and clean.  
Did you notice my chandelier, the one on the ceiling?  After scouring the internet and YouTube looking at other's rooms for ideas I noticed that a lot of crafters have chandeliers in their craft rooms.  First we tried a couple of other lights, but they didn't give enough light.  This one does, so it's both practical and pretty...perfect!  This is also our home office, so I'm not able to use every wall.  I use 2  walls and part of another one, but it's a large room, so it works great for me.

This is an *Expedit* shelf unit from Ikea,  It is made to go either upright or on it's side.  We put it on it's side with the 2 drawer shelf  above it.  Sorry, can't remember the name of it.  The *Kassett* storage boxes are also from Ikea.  On the left is another Ikea unit, which was on sale.  Here I store my ink pads.  I made my valance, which is simply 3 squares - turned to look like triangles &  hung on the curtain rod....easy peasy!  They remind me of banners.
I found this shelf at Winners (T.J. Maxx in the U.S) I was very pleasantly surprised when I got home and found that my button & flower jars fit perfectly, couldn't have been better if it had been specially made.  On the top is an idea I found online.  It's just a wooden circle from Michaels.  I got my husband to drill holes in it, then painted it and added black ribbon so that it looks like a button. (Need to do a little shading on it yet)

 Below the button shelf is a cubby unit I bought for a very good price at Canadian Tire. It holds things that I tend to use a lot.  On top are 3 metal buckets (from Ikea) I keep my Copics & other markers in these.  Moving to the right I have a chest of drawers that used to be brown pine wood.  I painted these white.  Above are my ribbon racks.  These are from Lowes.  They are made to be attached to the inside of a pantry or cabinet to hold canned goods, spices or whatever.  They work perfectly for ribbon.  I don't like to store my ribbon on rods.  I hate having to take a whole bunch of ribbon off the rod to get at one that is in the middle, or to take off a finished one.  This way, they just sit side by side....much easier to just lift out what you need.

 This is my computer table.  I like to have my computer handy when I'm crafting because I have lots of digi images stored on it, and I use them a lot. We found the table top at Ikea for $29.00, added 2 legs at one end ($5. each) and then put a drawer unit at the other end.  This holds all my punches perfectly.
Above the shelf on the wall is a vinyl chandelier which I found at Walmart.  I just love it.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to stand when I'm crafting, so we purchased 2 small *Expedit* units and added this table top.  It is 5 feet long and 30" wide.  On Monday I am going to pick up 2 bar stools, one for each side....that way I have the choice to sit or stand. I do need to sit down when I'm doing close work like colouring or cutting out.

Well, that's it. There's a couple of other things I could show you, but I think that's enough pictures for now.
Thanks for stopping by & have a great evening.

*UPDATE*
Since this was posted I have moved into a new home and now have a new craft room.  Click here if you would like to see it.



43 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your craftroom is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and also for sharing what you used to create your space and where you purchased the items. Your room is so fresh and clean looking and wonderfully organized!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Babs, that´s a dream that came to reality... WOW... I don´t know if I´ver ever seen such a fabulous crafting room - it´s so gorgeous, I´m speechless!!
You definitely inspired me to redo my room also - it´s a lot smaller, and I don´t like it as it is now. Thanks for sharing all these pictures with us!
Hugs, Uli

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

I love it Babs! It has so many very fun features! I love all the storage space! You can never have too much of that! I so wish I could come over and craft with you. It is a little too neat, it need to be broken in! So happy for you! Can't wait to see all the fun things you create now in your new awesome space!

dj1952 said...

Oh, wow Babs, I sure am happy for you. I'm going to get my craft room refine by my hubbie and daughter. I hope it can look as nice as yours. Right now the room is pretty much a catch-all room, and is a mess. If we ever get it done, I will happily post pictures. Hugs, dj

dj1952 said...

Oh wow, Babs this is gorgeous. I'm so happy for you. I hope if Lang ever gets around to mine, it will look half as good. Ya'll did a fabulous job. Hugs, dj

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Oh jeesh. I proudly put my latest card on my blog today and the photos won't turn upright....then I come here and see your craft room....

The card I was so proud of was made by sitting on the floor and using my knee and an encyclopedia for a workbench.

Now....I'm not so happy...

Eileen said...

What a fab craft room ... I'm not jealous .... MUCH ! xxx Have a very happy time in your new room. I am sure you will create some more wonderful things for us to enjoy .... well done that woman!!! Love Eileen xxx

Annemaritta said...

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Bright. Organized (lets see how long that lasts... KIDDING). Fab. Spacy.

xx

Faye said...

Oh Babs! It's wonderful, I want it! xx

Bianca said...

Wow!Wonderful everything's nice

Linda Wescott said...

What a fabulous space....you are my home designer of choice for 'the' house I have planned lol. Hope you have many happy hours creating in it. Hugs lin

Dorcas said...

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!
I adore that wall color, can you tell me what it is and who the maker is? I love it!

Babs said...

Dorcas, the name of the colour is *Oxford Blue* and it's by ICI Paints. I think that's a Canadian company, so if you go to www.icipaints.ca and look for the colour, you can then get it matched at any paint store as long as they have the computer program to do it. Sometimes they even have it already in their computer, my local hardware store did. There's a number on the chip also that might be handy. 10BB 40/090. Hope you find it.
Luv, Babs xo

Pitter and Glink said...

I LOVE it! :)

patti west said...

I think this is the nicest craft room I've ever seen!!! It's gorgeous...and so functional and tidy. Love!! :)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!!! you have out done yourself!!! applause!!!! aplause and apaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes the doxies are clapping also! hugs from your newest follower and so glad you joined our party!!! : )

Janna said...

your CHANDY IS the perfect touch, love all your space, ENJOY!

Unknown said...

What a great craft room!! Looks like a room that makes being creative very easy. Thank you for sharing your little piece of heaven. **New follower!*
byshawnarae.blogspot.com

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

I'm drooling over your craft room, I don't dare show you mine lol. You have given me some inspiration here.I'm following you now. :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

This is lovely you did such a good job. I really like the paint color with the white. All the little bits and goodies you added just make it even more beautiful. Wonderful post. Love it!
Blessings,
Debbie

thistlewoodfarm said...

This is so pretty! I love the color on your walls.....absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up to our "impossibles" party!

Thanks for the inspiration.
blessings,
karianne

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I am seeing some serious green! Just love, love, love. Am dreaming of creating lovely things in that dreamy space ...

Thanks so much for joining our Impossibilities challenge!

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

deb said...

WOW! I saw your craft room before and it was nice...but this is incredible!! I love it!! This is a crafting 'studio' now!! Thanks for sharing Babs!!
xoxox

Debi

Confessions of a Paper-Crafts Chick said...

Your craft room is very inviting. I'd create something everyday if I had that space. :o) I've managed to takeover 1 room in the house as my own and it's pretty fun to be in my own crafting sanctuary. Good job! Your room looks awesome. :o)

Fat Dormouse said...

I’m sorry it took me so long to get to your « Impossibility Challenge » post – this thing called “work” got in the way! But I’m here now and it’s great to read about your Craft Room makeover. I am SO jealous! My crafting area is nowhere near as gorgeous as yours. Well done on making an inspirational place to create. Enjoy it and create lovely things!!!
Congratulations on making your impossibility possible!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

So awesome! So many great details, what an inspiring space. I just love it all!!

Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
Karah

Margaret said...

I am speechless still drooling over your room. It looks fab but can you keep it looking so tidy!!!!
Enjoy you have worked hard finding just the right furinture for it and have it so well organized.

Hugs
Margaret M

Michelle said...

Hi Babs

Wow, what an amazing craft room!! It is so well organised and elegant too.

Thank you for sharing the photos with us at Make It Monday this week.

We look forward to you sharing what you create here with us too.

Michelle :o)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Amazing craft room, I found it featured on the Cottage Market and had to drop by and say what an amazing job you have done. You will be able to create a lot of special projects in that wonderful space.

Tisha Clapp said...

Wow! Can I come over and work in your craft room?? What a beautiful space to get your creative juices flowing. I'd love it if you'd share this at my Show & Tell party, going on now @ the Delectable Home.

Scrappycath said...

Wowza! Saw this on MIM - that is one really nice craft room!

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

Oh it's so pretty and organized!! I'm so jealous!! What a beautiful room. My favorite thing has got to be that black wall decal that mimics the look of your chandelier!

mandy said...

Oh WOW!! Your craft room is gorgeous Im well jealous!!! Love the color scheme makes everything look so clean and I especially love the vinyl chandelier above the computer wall looks fab saw u over at MIM hugs Mandy xxx

Clare said...

WOW, what an inspiring craft room, love the color and gorgeous chandelier!! LOVE it!

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Babs!
This is one gorgeous craft room. A place for everything and everything in its place. Proof of a good designer!
Love, Laura

Tisha Clapp said...

I've featured your AMAZING craft room @ the Delectable Home. Thanks for linking up!

Tisha Clapp said...

I've featured you AMAZING craft room @ the Delectable Home. Thanks for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an impressive crafting space. Looks like a lot of fun (and work) but once things are in the "right" place everything is so much easier. Happy WOYWW, sparcstation

Peggy Cain said...

What an outstanding craft room the colors are very inviting makes you want to jump into crafting. sorry so late getting here I try hard but just can't get to them all sure glad I made it here.

Bridget Larsen said...

That is one awesome craft room, I would not want to mess it up if it was mine lol
Bridget #54

Cheryl said...

Wow! I would love to work in your craft room ... it is just awesome! Enjoy!! P.S. I love your doggies ... too cute!

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous!!
Question: Did u do anything to attach the table top to the shelves so it won't move?

Babs said...

Hi Erika,
I asked my hubby and he used screws to fasten the top on. It just stops it from moving, but you wouldn't be able to pick it up with the top or it would come apart.
Thanks for your nice comment Erika, & have a lovely day!
Babs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...